Saturday, April 28, 2018

American Samoa & 5 sea days


Well it seems like we have been out of touch forever... American Samoa was our last stop 5 days ago but we were unable to get internet connected...
We have been to Samoa several times before but usually on a Sunday. In the past shops and cafes have been closed, however this time there was a tent market, a couple of shops open and a few small grocers open. This is a port where you walk right off and into the middle of town. About 80% of the ship headed to McDonald's to overload their WiFi...lol We bought B several t-shirts and I bought a great travel dress...

Our 5 days at sea have been relaxing and dare I say a bit boring? Still not many activities, so B and I play shuffleboard every afternoon, and I play trivia twice daily. My trivia team is quite good and we have won several times - the prizes are not great, but the honor of winning is terrific! My team is composed of 2 Aussies, 2 Brits and 1 Canadian. We probably won't play during the 3 days around Hawaii, but will have 8 more chances to win before reaching Vancouver.
We have introduced our dinner mates to LCR and have enjoyed fleecing them, I mean playing with them most afternoons. The first time Gordon and Lynn won 2 games, but both with double pots! The next couple of times either they have won or B and I have won. Poor Norm, he is discouraged and woebegone – says he won't play anymore...lol however he & Lynn are disembarking here in Hawaii anyways...lol We hope their replacements are just as interesting tablemates...
Unfortunately, B has the crud again! He says he just sounds terrible but feels ok. However his appetite is not the same – I am sure he is gonna have lost weight on this trip while I have gained it! URGH! I am trying to cut back however the cookies are sooo good...lol! Most days I have done a bit of workout in the gym and I try to walk laps around the promenade deck.
I hope this finds you all well and content. It is weird to think that we are in the states and will be home in 10 days. I can't wait to see my pups! Enjoy these few pics of Samoa and if I take any of Hawaii, I will post in a couple of days from Kwaii. Aloha!

























2 comments:

  1. Not as "romantic" as I envisioned it based on my decades of reading world history...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fleecing your shipmates at LCR, two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete